Vacancy: Kitchen Porter
We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to work on our events throughout the year. Please see the job description and person specification below.
Reports to: Event Manager
Salary: Depending on age and experience
Hours: Part time between 0 – 30 depending on events (there will be less hours during Oct – March, and more hours between April – September due to the event calendar)
- To ensure all pots, pans, cooking equipment placed in the pot wash area are properly and hygienically cleaned, rinsed, dried and re-stacked.
- To ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times
- To distribute clean equipment to appropriate locations
- Remove waste from the kitchen and clean bins as required
- Perform other cleaning duties instructed by management
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas related to refuse
- Time management skills – work to a tight schedule efficiently and effectively
- Strong verbal and listening communications skills
- Complete all jobs to a high standard
- To comply with all Health and Safety at work, and operate machinery and equipment safely
Previous experience working in a kitchen is an advantage but not essential as basic induction training is provided.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01283 791 625 for more information.